View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #9
sylvan
YT 2000 Club Member

I have not personally shipped a pet pup anywhere yet. I have had a 8 month old male that I wanted to improve my breeding program shipped on a direct flight to me and he was in my arms within 10 minutes of the flight landing. I feel that it depends on many circumstances and making generalizations about doing this is not going to help anyone. Certainly tiny pups should not be shipped anywhere and especially not just for pets. Most people looking for a pet SHOULD have enough patience to locate a reputable breeder nearby (or at least within driving distance)that they can visit and wait for an available pup. Breeders need to be able to range farther afield for choices and therefore shipping can be involved. Show dogs get transported often and done carefully, suffer few ill effects. I am personally flying to Oregon from PA next week to pick up a pup for a new breeder that I am mentoring. Her breeder and I were both unwilling to ship her at this time of year due to weather and the fact that there are no direct flights from there to here.
Mass shipping from mills to stores is a horrifying reality and the results can be deadly, but it is just a numbers issue to those producers.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!