View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #8
YorkyKids
Currently Suspended!

Comments in bold......
[QUOTE=omichka]nothing wrong

absolutely against NEVER!!! I would never ship a puppy. I do meet someone at the airport and place puppy in new owners arms "somethines"....then puppy travels home inside the cabin. But generally if someone cannot come to my home....then they do not get my puppy.

short destination is fine

below is quotation from one privat letter:

"...the puppies were COVERED in urine and feces, had no water or food, and were obviously less han 6 weeks old, even though the paper work" said they were 8 weeks. There would be at least 1 puppy dead every week in the carrier with one or two other puppies. ALL the puppies received were sick. Several died within days of being purchased"
--------------
Yes this is "sometimes true". Many states have laws against selling puppies under 8 weeks old. I know that "some" puppies are removed from their mamma's at 5 to 6 weeks in order to get them to the pet store early and still "tiny". It's sad but I don't think it happens as often as this message says.

well.... actually it was about pet stores puppies, however many breeders send a very small puppies across the country TOO.
--------------------------
Yes many breeders do send puppies across country in airplane cargo. Many do make the trip just fine.....but I have been on the phone many times trying to help a new owner save a tiny Yorkie puppy.....after arriving at it's destination. The breeder is no where to be found when needed. One note about shipping....with todays atmosphere post 911....you cannot be assured the plane will not be grounded/land in a strange city....it has happen many times. Pups are then stranded....usually they must be placed in a local bording facility or a vet office...if they are lucky OR the flight is simply delayed....and pup misses connecting flight....this makes a journey double or triple the travel time. Another thing about shipping.....airlines are very good at what they do....they do not want dead animals at the arrival point. But accidents do happen....even with older dogs. Dogs left accidently on the tarmack in hot summer....dogs exposed to extreme cold or lack of oxygen due to malfunction of cargo hole......it does happen....even with that said....thousands of dogs are shipped each year with no bad events......it's just that I prefer not to take a chance with a 12 week old....2 pound puppy.....that is my choice as his/her breeder.
D
YorkyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!