View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #53
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Please just take the time to read their annual report. It will open up your eyes to some of the issues I have with them and also their board meetings. I applaud they don't hide anything but I do believe they could do more to help dogs in this country. I have watched their legislation for the last 10 years and they have always voted for the breeders and the heck with the animals.

You also might want to subscribe to

THE DOG PRESS - THE #1 SOURCE FOR UNALIGNED DOG NEWS BY & FOR BREEDERS, EXHIBITORS, JUDGES, HANDLERS, BREED & KENNEL CLUBS & AKC, UKC DOG REGISTRIES

I have no problems that AKC is the registry that I would use but at this stage of the game I don't know if I could fully trust them. I have seen them do to many things over the years to protect some very poor breeders. I strongly believe everyone looking to buy a dog should get to know the breeder first as you and Mary have stated. I would never buy based on just AKC's name alone.

In todays day and age I don't understand why they don't require DNA on every dog registered..why not? If someone says it is too expensive then they are probably breeders that I would not want to buy a dog from...they are into profit.
While you have brought up valids points and most of which I agree.

Let's not lose sight of what this thread is about. Supporting the reputable breeder, not buying from Puppy Mills, BYBers, Classifieds or internet. It's baby steps......
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!