View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdorkyyorkies View Post
HI thank you, yes Disney is a pretty girl.

We have a small kennel, with inside and outside runs, Disney hasnt been caged all her life , the picture you see is her during the time she has puppies to keep them protected.
Well a "Kennel dog" is one that hasnt been accustomed to being in a family household all the time. So housebreaking would be an issue. It would take a bit of time to get her used to things. She is used to other dogs,people, kids, it isnt like she isnt social, she has been socialized, but she would need some work to be an household companion.
She is a nice girl, and has been well taken care of, but she would need to learn a few things just like a puppy really.

My interest is in finding Disney a good home. If she was to go to a good home and she was used for breeding by a responsible lovng person, IM ok with that.
I don't understand, you're post (below) from your other thread states part of the reason you were giving up breeding was you felt you were contributing to the pet over population problem How can you not expect by selling an intact dog, that you are not continuing to contribute? It would be okay for someone else to contribute? Does that absolve you of any guilt?

Please if you're giving up breeding and selling off your stock, please have them spayed/neutered before placing them in loving pet homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdorkyyorkies View Post
A couple weeks ago I posted a thread about going out of breeding. It caused some concern, and I apologize for that I was in a bad frame of mind and at the end of my rope. I should have explained.
BUt its true, after much consideration, as much as I have enjoyed raising yorkies, there comes a time for reevaluation. LIfe circumstances can change in the blink of an eye and so can someone views.
YOu know those commericals you see alot from the human society on Tv? All the animals that need help and are unwanted. Well some of my change of heart came from those commericals. I feel I am contributing to overwhelming the pet population. Around 50% to 60% of dogs in shelters are purebreds.

Last edited by jencar98; 04-18-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!