View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Icon2 What About Us? ◙ Warning!! Graphic!! ◙

So many times I read about someone buying a puppy online, they link a cute website, and pictures of puppies in cute clothes or romping with children. Sometimes, they have pictures of the whole family, and the website has American flags, and Bible scripture. The sites all make you feel like you've found a reputable breeder, and they even have "adoption forms," so you believe the breeder cares about puppy placement.

Many people will say that they talked to the breeder and he/she seems like such a nice person. Seasoned members of Yorkietalk will try to warn the person that it probably not a good place to buy a puppy, but the person has "puppy fever" and wants a puppy NOW! Besides they say, "Even if it is a puppy mill, puppy mill puppies need homes too, and at least I will give my one puppy a good home." What's wrong with this thinking? Every time you "rescue" a puppy from a bad breeder two more will take its place, and what about all the breeding dogs left behind? Remember if you support puppy millers you are condoning the torture of million of dogs!

Don't forget, anyone can join Yorkietalk, just because someone is a member of Yorkietalk, it doesn't make him or her a reputable breeder. Reputable breeders will want you to come to their homes, they will want to get to know you and become a part of their lives, do not support breeders who won't let you see how the breeding dogs live.

Please watch this video if you aren't familiar with Puppy mills, its important to see that these dogs need our help. Please encourage others not to buy puppies online, and feel free to link it, whenever you see that someone is thinking about supporting an online breeder. Is every breeder selling online a puppy mill? No, of course not, but there is absolutely no way of knowing the difference, unless you visit the IN PERSON. Now that people know about not buying puppies from pet stores, millers are selling online through brokers and their own websites. So if you can't watch the video please listen to the song, and think about, What About Us? If you get your puppy from a rescue make sure it's a reputable rescue and not just a broker selling puppies from puppy mill breeders. Reputable breeders NEVER sell a dog online, they may have an online site, but they do NOT sell the dog from the site. There is a HUGE difference!

For more information on Puppy mills see these sites:

Articles - Puppy Mill Dogs Rescued by CAPS

Puppy Mills in Canada

Puppy Mill Bill

The Communitarian | Local News | Dogs suffer abuse at puppy mills, says animal rescue group

Doggie in the Window

Puppy Mill Bust in Missouri

Join today and remove this ad!