Thread: Wasn't a Joke
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Default Wasn't a Joke

A couple weeks ago I posted a thread about going out of breeding. It caused some concern, and I apologize for that I was in a bad frame of mind and at the end of my rope. I should have explained.
BUt its true, after much consideration, as much as I have enjoyed raising yorkies, there comes a time for reevaluation. LIfe circumstances can change in the blink of an eye and so can someone views.
YOu know those commericals you see alot from the human society on Tv? All the animals that need help and are unwanted. Well some of my change of heart came from those commericals. I feel I am contributing to overwhelming the pet population. Around 50% to 60% of dogs in shelters are purebreds.
As any breeder can tell you there is not always happy endings to breeding. SOmetimes puppies die at birth, SOmetmes they die later because they are failure to thrive. Every once in awhile they maybe born with a birth defect, sometimes the mom has trouble, all this can be heartbreaking. THen when it comes time to rehome them, if your soft hearted and really care, you always worry "did they go to a good home?"
If you have several breeding dogs, when they age you cant keep them all, and you have to rehome them, this to can be heart breaking because you love them. These are things that have really began to bother me thru time.
THese are things that you may think about before the time comes but you truly dont realize the impact.
I plan to keep a few of my babies and maybe have a litter or two a yr. because at a very small level I love it.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!