View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Types of cremation services:

Communal cremation is when multiple pets are simultaneously cremated and their ashes disposed of on private cemetery grounds or taken to a local landfill. Some services offer burial at sea for no additional charge.

A private cremation is when 2, 3, or maybe 4 pets are cremated at the same time, but are physically separated by space or cremation bricks. The pets ashes are then removed from the crematory in reverse order to retain the integrity of the private cremation. The cremains are then generally processed in a commercial blender to attain a fine ash consistency and eliminate visible bone fragments. Private cremations reduce the cost associated with “Individual” cremations described below.

Individual cremation is one pet in one cremation unit at a time. Pure and simple, it is what most pet owners expect. Be sure to ask your provider for what type of service you are receiving. You deserve to know how your pet’s cremation will be performed before the decision is made.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!