View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Omg No lepto!!!

Hi and congratulations on Chloe! As far as when to get her next shot, you need to know when/if she had her first round yet; they are typically spaced 3-4 weeks apart I believe. But I must say, please, please tell the vet NO lepto in the distemper injection!!! My Rocco had his second DT injection (1st was before I got him) at 10 weeks, and it included the lepto vaccine. Within 5 minutes of leaving the vets' office (max. about 10 min after injection), he was vomiting profusely in the car. I only live about 3 miles from the vet, and by the time I got home, he was absolutely listless when I picked him up - like a ragdoll - and his eyes were glazed over but scared. By the time I got him into the house, he was having diarrhea, and vomiting again and could barely walk!! I called the vet and he said to give him Children's Benadryl immediately...he waited on the phone. Then he told me to check him gums / eyelids for pink (they were), and listen to his breathing (it was normal). I had to watch him like this for the next 12 hours to be sure he got past this reaction. The vet said that can happen sometimes with vaccinations, and it's usually the lepto that causes that bad of a reaction. He just had his last DT this week with NO lepto and didn't have a single reaction. Oh, and he had a huge lump at the injection site the first time too that took about 1 week to go away.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!