View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #13
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
we had Sadie's out with her spay. which i know doesn't help when you have to do it serperate, but i wanted to say that hers went just fine, it cost $60 per tooth at banfield and even though her spay/anesthesia was covered in our plan, the cost still climbed to over 300...but those canines would have never fallen out on their own. they were super deep rooted and i noticed she was closing her mouth wrong and the teeth her knocking into each other making it hard to chew and digest foods.

it will go fine! a vet is still schooled as a vet and if they aren't the best you can get, they are at least trained and have taken all the classes they need...several years of vet medical school. i think you would be just fine to trust them for something as simple as a tooth extraction and as for tubing. mention your concerns so they can explain to you the whole procedure in detail and ease your mind more.

good luck and let us know.
$60 per tooth?! Yikes! I got lucky... I got Jackson neutered at a clinic called "Spay Now!" near my house. It was around $160 total to get neutered, 6 months supply of Iverheart Plus heartworm meds, 4 baby teeth pulled out and microchipped! But even my regular vet was only going to charge me around $25 per tooth.

I do agree with your last statement. I realize not all vets are the best, and it sucks when you don't have an array of options around you, but they did go to vet school which takes a lot of time and money so obviously it's something they know how to do. I agree about mentioning your concerns. I did so at the clinic Jackson went to because I was sooo nervous. I would have been nervous anywhere with him going under but since it was a clinic, I was definitely nervous and I expressed my worries and concerns and because of that, I think they took EXTRA care of him!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!