View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
DamSweet
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Looking for suggestions

I'm actually looking for advise on two different situations - I just don't know whether to post separate or together - so please let me know.

Bridget is a horder - she will take a treat, eat half and hide the other half. She is a very picky eater (we are assuming because "daddy" gives her treats) so our vet suggested to take away all her treats and only offer her kibble - he assured us she won't starve. Obvoiusly not - since everytime I've turned around the last 3 days - she has managed to find a "treat". I swear I have searched the house over, finding a few, but I can see - not all. Although now when I reach for her treat she "snaps". I don't really know if this is a new thing happening since we stopped giving her the treats, or if she has always been this way but we had not noticed because we have not tried to remove them before. I'm concerned because I do have an 8 month old grandson and I don't want her to become aggressive. She is not like that with her food - only her treats. Any suggestions?

Second - she always seems to want to bury her toys/treats, etc. I worry that she will rub the skin off her little nose trying to bury them in the blankets. I certainly don't want to bring dirt into my house (not on purpose anyway - enough finds it own way in), but would like to find something to put into a large litter pan type container, or baby bathtub so that she can bury her treasures....any ideas of anything safe???

Thanks - if I just know that if there is an answer to either one of these it will be found here!!!

Donna......owned by Bridget and Greta (and wouldn't have it any other way!)
DamSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!