View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryeverett1 View Post
Yep! Noticed that after I hit submit! Meant to say morkies! Regardless of whether it a parti, biewer, morkie etc. They are cross breeds and not mutts! A mutt is a dog that you cannot determine a breed on! I also was bothered by the fact that breeders who do nothing else wrong but not breed standard yorkies are called unethical. It to me seems that they are all lumped with all the other devil breeders out there and that's not fair! There are pure bred yorkie breeders who breed for the money too which to me is a reason to call a breeder unethical along with ones who treat their dogs like cash cows. There are breeders of all kinds like that! But cross breeders are the only ones who
immediately are slammed for just cross breeding. There is something screwed up and off to me about using that word out of context and in the true meaning of the word! That's
all I was saying! Thanks for helping me to clear up the morkie bit!
Ps. The definition of unethical in webster's dictionary is:
"not morally correct." the adjectives associated with this word are: immoral, unprincipled, unscrupulous, dishonorable, dishonest, wrong, deceitful, unfair, fraudulent, underhanded, wicked, evil, sneaky, corrupt. No where in that list is there a word that cross breeding applies to unless the person is trying to pass off their cross breed as a pure bred!
The definition of a mutt in the dictionary is "a mongrel dog, a long haired mutt of doubtful pedigree!" cross breeds are not doubtful in pedigree
Actually, it's my understanding that parti yorkies are pure bred yorkies that simply have have the recessive gene that gives them that white coat. Biewers originated from the yorkie, and became a breed of their own. As far as I can tell, and believe me I know very little of the parti vs biewer discussion, the difference between parti and biewer are the markings, and where they originated. Biewers originated in Germany bred by Mr Biewer (I think) and they have a standard as to what their coloring should look like. Parti's have that gene to give them white coats, are full bred yorkies, but their markings have no pattern. The above doesn't make them unethical. It's controversial yes, but not unethical.
Another discussion, for another thread.

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 04-14-2010 at 12:47 PM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!