View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Roxy had bi-lateral surgery done by an Certified Ortho Vet. We discussed how the surgery would go, "cut and pin" deepen the grove and tighten the ligaments.

During the surgery, the Dr/ saw how Roxy has a slight curvature in her bone structure. The Dr. made a decision, that bc of the curvature, Roxy would do fine with just deepen the grove and tighten the ligaments. So that is all she did.

At Roxy's 6 week check up, her right leg was luxating again. So back in for surgery, this time doing the planned "cut and pin".

Aprrox. 6 months later, her left leg started to luxate. We were going to do surgery again, but she had a staph infection and we were dx that she also has liver issues. So surgery was put on hold.

It has been about 2 years now, and I don't see have signs or distress coming from that one leg. I am too fearful to put her under again. I am supplementing her with Cosiquin and I am just going to take it from there

...but yeah it sucks!!!

Roxy's first surgery was $3000
To do the 'repair' surgery, we had to pay the meds, etc. and stay, it was approx. $800
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!