View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
LBH
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry OMG Moose May Need a 2nd LP Surgery!!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been away so long! I got a new job where I'm typing on the computer all day long so I put the computer away and the end of the day and do want to go near it again, haha.

Most of you know about Moose's LP surgery last October because I was so worried, scared, and clueless about how we would get through it. And thank you again SO MUCH for all your posts, thoughts, prayers and advice! You all were just amazing and helped so much!

The surgery was a success, or so we thought, and Moose was doing just fine and seemed a happy puppy. He was back to walking and playing just like before the LP, and two vets gave us the and all clear that he would do great.

Then, two days ago, I noticed him kind of "hitching" his left back leg. He also yelped a couple times when I picked him up, and stopped and sat down in the middle of walking or playing like he was hurt. All signs of LP injury.
I took him to the vet yesterday and sure enough- she said his left back leg is luxating medially again. I am absolutely distraught and devestated! How could this happen again?! Yesterday he could walk but he just didn't want to but today he is essentially immobile. I can tell he is in alot of pain because he was panting and shaking until I started cuddling him.

He is only 4lbs and to put him through another surgery and recovery is terrifying. It's barely been 6 months! Not to mention, I am still paying for the last one and simply can't afford another $2000 surgery right now.

Has anyone ever had to do back to back LP surgeries?! I am so angry and upset!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!