View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
kkubas
Yorkie Yakker

I'm having 100% the exact same problem. I live in a condo and have neighbors above and below me, as well as right beside me. I took Bella over and showed the neighbor across from me and explained that I had gotten a dog and am currently crate training so if she barks or cries to just let me know (I gave him my number so he could call me if she was bothering him.) As for the other neighbors (above and below) I haven't said anything. My landlord doesnt know I have her and I DO NOT want him finding out.

Bella basically SCREAMS in the morning when I leave for work. I tried the treats, I put the radio on, I put one of my shirts in there (so she can smell me. I got that tip from the forums) and some of her toys. She still goes crazy. I come home on my lunch break to check on her and I havent heard her barking but that doesnt mean she had stopped completely. It just means she either took a break or she stopped. I'm not sure which. I thought about getting a tape recorder to record how long she barks. It is absolutely heart breaking but it has to be done. Some puppies are too small and get into too much. So its best for the puppy and the owner if they are crated. Its hard, but I'm hoping it will get better. She even goes crazy when I get in the shower!

If I find out anything that works, I will let you know! Until then, good luck and I feel your pain!
kkubas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!