View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Deb3R215
Yorkie Talker

Default Ear Infection

Thanks so much for all of your responses!! I have to admit I had never cleaned my puppies ears, I guess I never thought about it until now. I have never taken him to grooming either. I got him at 8 weeks (I'm not sure if the family I got him from ever cleaned him ears, I doubt it). He's 14 weeks now so I assume the wax had accumulated. Do any of you know at how many weeks you need to start taking them to the groomer? And how often do I need to take him to the groomer?

I am definitely going to take him to another vet. I'm trying to get a friend to give me a number of one that she takes her yorkies to but I probably won't be able to take him until Thursday, do you think this is an emergency and I need to take him right away or will waiting a few days be ok? He seems perfectly fine, I've been trying to look in his ears but I can't see anything much. His ears are very straight and are always standing up.

I should take him to another vet before taking him to the groomer right?

I'm sorry for all the questions, he's my first puppy ever and I'm always so confused as to what I should be doing. I love him with all my heart and I panic at everything. I definitely realize that signing up for that Banfield wellness plan was a big mistake. They are always trying to throw in unnecessary things to just get more money out of me.

Thank you so much for your advice, I love this site!!

Debbie
Deb3R215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!