View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Your pup could very well have an ear infection. However, I don't understand the reason for the injection. What is normally done, is a culture taken to identify whether it is a yeast infection or a bacterial infection. The vet should have removed any hair from the ear canal, flushed and administered an ointment known as Otomax. Even if it was a precautionary measure. Otomax is administered twice a day, but flushing of the ear should be done once a day. The vet should have recommended an ear cleaning agent that had a drying agent. The meds should be continued for 10 days. Banfield is not the best of places to get vet care for your pup. An ear infection is very serious.....so, it should be taken care of ASAP. To prevent it from happening again, make sure your pup's ear canals remain devoid of hair, and administer a cleaning solution with a drying agent after every bath.

Now onto vaccinations....you mentioned that your pup was 14 weeks of age at had received his 3rd set of vaccines....way to early; first innoculation between 8 and 9 weeks, 2nd at 12 weeks and 3rd at 16 weeks......
This sounds the course of treatment we did with Camden when we got her.
To the OP, I would suggest contacting another vet. Unfortunately I've heard so many stories of Banfield that are not good. Overvaccinating, lots of procedures, etc..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!