View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #11
Poxy79
Yorkie Yakker

I wouldn't do it. There are WAY too many back yard Yorkie breeders in Atlanta!! I live around Atlanta so I know and all the crap me and my husband had to sift through to find a great breeder who actually cared about improving the breed was beyond ridiculous! It took us quite literally 6 months for us to find and feel comfortable about a breeder. That was actively searching and visiting over 50 breeders all over the state (wish I were kidding about that). And sure, Dexter isn't quite up AKC standard for color but I would rather pay the money for a dog that isn't and know his genetic history with a health guarantee that covers everything just to name a few things that came with him, then pay half of what we did for a pup and know we are contributing to a backyard breeder with puppies that have all sorts of health problems (and they still have the balls to charge $400+ for these dogs). They ONLY care about the money!! I'm not going to go into this long tirade about why else you shouldn't do it, as you are an adult and can make your own decisions. But it's not fair to these dogs to exploit them and breed bad genetics and shorten their life span because the owners wanted to make a quick dollar, knowing the Yorkies are always in high demand... Sorry if that sounds like it upsets me, but it does.

And if you want to know about breeding, internet research isn't hard but here's a site that's easy to follow.

Breeding Your Dog
Poxy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!