View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbi-and-asher View Post
Mia, I've never actually seen him watch TV, he pretty much ignores everything around him unless its loud, then he's all about "fighting" it. The extent of his exercise is him running around the house, playing fetch with his squeaky ball, right now. He hasn't learned to walk on his leash yet, so when I take him outside, he kind of just sits there. I think the openness scares him a little.

Red- Sometimes, I have things going on in my room that I don't want him getting into and that I can't immediately clean up. And if the room is fine, and I do leave him out with free run in my room, he'll sit by the door and cry. Most of the time, he's only restricted access because I'm trying to clean up, get some work done, or eat. He's especially bad about this when its dinner time for me and my boyfriend, who don't have a dining room table, so we sit in the floor and eat. You're right, he's probably just rebelling, because for 85% of the day, he's free to roam.

Kirby, The closet was my alternative to the crate. His is canvas. I actually put him in it for about 10 minutes today, and he tore one of the mesh "windows" out.
ya - I can understand him being intimidated by walking - my 2 were very intimidated when I had to move from a house with a great yard into an apartment....you could try short walks to start and maybe carry treats with you to encourage him to enjoy it ?

I see what you mean about worrying about the chewing....I never had that problem but I was always able to be right with mine before I had to work full time.....plus mine are much older and I don't have the worries of a young puppy.....

hope you find some answers !! I bet as he matures he'll stop with the puppy stuff and you'll find you can trust him more.....Do you think he could be teething ? I totally forget the age they chew on everything in site but it's a thought....have you tried safe chew toys ? Does he like them ?
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!