View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmxaxrxyxx View Post
Both my nieces and I enjoyed the show a lot! It isn't as scary as I thought it would be....lol...so that means I will be attending as many shows as I can...lol

I believe I seen Sonja showing Trouble from Deb Siller but then I didn't go talk to her....but I am sure it was....Sonja if you see me please correct me if I am wrong...lol

I took lots of videos of the different sets of shows...dunno what is what yet...lol...some had just 2...some had 4...some had 1 yorkie participating...

wow I am shocked that 1 of my niece and myself also seem to pick the one that ends up taking the best bow....hehe...guess we have good eyes...
So glad you enjoyed it!. If you don't want to spend money for a catalogue you can go to the show superintendent's table and look up who are the entries for the Yorkshire Terrier Breed. Note the armband numbers and then you will know for sure who you saw.

Did you stay for the group competition? Sometimes at conformation shows, they also have obedience competitions, and or rally, these two are usually held in a different part of the building. The flow of any dog show is that first each individual breed gets judged, starting with male class dogs (those dogs that do not have their championship yet)-you will see 6-9mth olds 9-12 months 12-18 months then open dogs, also bred by exhibitor class, then once all the class male dogs have been judged, each winner of the classes come into the ring to be judged for winners dogs, then they do the same thing for the bitches, then the Best of Breed competition takes place, this is for all specials those dogs and bitches that have earned their championship, then winners dog and winners bitch enter the ring. The judge will then, determine best of breed best of opposite, and best of winners.

AKC has some good information on their website for folks new to showing and spectating at dog shows.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!