View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
dwerten
BANNED!

I would contact dr dodds on Hemopet/Hemolife, HEMOPET a full animal blood bank, Diagnostic Laboratory, Adoption and Consultation and she is near you so i would have her do all your blood work and titers - i drive to her to get this done as you are not too far from me. I do not agree with first vet no need to do series of shots. just a heads up my dd had only her 6 month shots due to health issues and i have titered her for 5 years and she is fine with that one series and we had a plumber come into our home who had a dog at home that had parvo which scared me to death and no issue and she is on immune suppressed drugs steroids so check with jean to see what is safest as you do not want to over vaccinate for sure that i do know but just wanted to share with you so you do not worry about it. My other two had one year boosters and then i have titered them for years as well. My maltese did not have her one year booster at one year as she was a rescue and i rescued her at 8 months and she did not even have her last puppy shot and i took her to vet had her titered through cornell university and she was low so i did the parvo distemper shot to make sure and since then titer her - also better to do two separate vaccines anyway not the combo if you can find a vet that does that as our vet does do that here so if you want to drive up here for that I know for a fact she does the parvo and the distemper separately but she will charge you for two office visits unfortunately
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!