View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #11
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

First of all, I'm not a breeder or a member of any "elite" group.
I am someone who loves Yorkies and I've been a member for 3 1/2 yrs.
I've said before that I love YT because it makes me laugh, it helps me to learn, it inspires me and sometimes it makes me mad or sad. I take the good with the bad.
It's an open forum with thousands of members from all over the world sharing advice, opinions, etc.. Not everyone is going to agree and different styles of posting can often be interpreted a number of different ways.
I honestly feel that the vast majority of posts from newbies looking for puppies or people who are looking to breed start out getting a lot of good advice & educational responses. I think the posts go downhill when people on all sides start disagreeing with the opinions and advice given.
I disagree that most posts start out with a smart aleck tone. I tend to feel that the ones that do can often be referenced in the way the tone of the OP was started and/or a response someone has that doesn't like the info and advice given to the OP.
People come on to YT for different reasons and intentions and not all are good. Some people just like to inflame and cause drama.
I've always said that when I'm posting I'm not just posting to the person who may have started it, but to all those people who are reading and looking to learn and get advice.
You never know which post someone looks at to get that, so I think if names, terms, phrases, etc.. come up then people should use that opportunity to help get out the information.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!