Thread: Sugar Glider
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
HisNameIsHarley
YT 1000 Club Member

Star Sugar Glider

I was just wondering if anyone has ever owned a sugar glider? I have been wanting for a very long time to get a red/grey squirrel or southern/northern flying squirrel but it costs so much to take the courses and to get my exotic animal license so a friend of mine mentioned that I should consider a sugar glider. And my reasoning for wanting one for a pet is bc I love the way that they bond with you. My friend Adams' boss rescued a grey squirrel and she is so sweet and never wants to part with her. She goes everywhere she goes and is litter trained. Now as with all my other pets I put A LOT of thought and consideration into them before I bring them home. I know that they do NOT do well with dogs or other pets (there are of course exceptions as always) but in general only want/tolerate contact with you. And I know that they need large TALL cages to be happy and since I can't find tall enough cages in my area I found a website that shows me exactly how to the perfect one. So, my biggest worry is about their diet. I know you can get sugar glider type kibble but just like with dogs, ferrets and other animals this diet can not possibly be enough nutrition for them to live a healthy and happy life. So I'm wondering just how high maintenance is their diet? I have tons of other questions but I'll shut up for now to see if anyone even has had/has one! lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!