Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #15
Owned by Fiona
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
This shouldn't fall on you. The breeder should spay her, then try to find a new home for her, not vice versa. I don't blame you for being concerned.

How did you find this breeder? Is she local?
I was looking at pictures on the web of yorkies. I wanted to see different hair cuts and it is sort of a hobby of mind.
I came across her website and sent her an email commenting on her beautiful dogs. She is in my state and I told her I would be back to check things out when I was ready to get my Fiona a playmate.
She emailed back saying that one of the girls I had commented on was going to have to be retired and would be spayed. She was rehoming her for the fee of her spay and teeth cleaning.
That put things in motion. I know there are a lot of people who have pups from her and they are healthy. I also know of one person who says they got an unhealthy pup from her. There seems to be more good then bad but I am still cautious. Honestly I have already fallen for this little girl. I am just trying to work out what is best for everyone, especially her. I kind of thought that the surgery should be done, then a new home found but she commented that she didn't want to pay for it and then not find a home. She asked me to send her the money. I am not really up for that agreement. Since I know about her and know she has not been spayed, I would like to do it myself. If she doesn't agree to that but will agree to have her spayed and then have me meet her and go from there that would be ok. I would need to see the bloodwork results. That would work out well.
I will see, she hasn't emailed back yet. I have dial up so if she is trying to call she won't be able to get through. She knows that and also knows I am trying to build a website so I am on here a lot.
I know this is not the best stiuation but I am too far in to turn back unless she says she will not accept anything but the money up front. In that case I will have to move on.
Thanks for you help. I am doing my research but I can use a second opinion on all of this!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!