Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
Owned by Fiona
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
It depends on the breeder. Most responsible breeders who retire their breeding dogs have the spay or neuter done before placing them in their new home. It guarantees that they will never be bred again. It doesn't sound like this breeder falls into that category, though.

If it were me, I'd want bloodwork and a bile acids test done before adopting her. Liver disease may not show up on a basic blood chemistry panel. Since Yorkies are more affected by shunts than all other breeds, Dr. Center recommends all Yorkies have bile acids tests once they reach six months old.
I figured that is the way it usually worked. I am a little concerned that she will not do the dental but will have me pay for it anyway. I will not wire her money to have it done. I would have no problem if it had already been done and I went to meet her and then paid. That is not the way she wants it to go. I got the impression that she will not spay her until she knows she has a new home for her. She doesn't want to be out the money if no one takes her. That is just my opinion though.
I don't like the idea of sending money then hopeing things go well and waiting a few weeks then going to get her.
I will see what I can work out with her, but when it comes down to it I don't know how to convince her that I will do the right thing. She will have to trust me.
I will do what is right. She should be spayed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!