View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
Woogie Man
Donating Member

OK...I've got one. A couple of months ago, I had this lady call me asking about a female pup. It started off as a great conversation. She goes on to tell me that she's got a Yorkie/Chi mix already and was looking for a Yorkie to be a companion for her. She mentions how she's been researching the breed for years and is finally ready to get a Yorkie...that she's talked to many breeders...didn't care for them...on and on. Tells me she paid a very high price for her mix because her breeder wanted to make sure she went to a good home (whatever ). Then says how she has a house on the bay...goes on to describe it (makes me jealous ), says her husband has his own business, is out of town a lot, she's home all the time....you get the picture.

I tell my wife that she 'sounds' like the ideal Yorkie parent, that I had sent pictures and that she had made an appointment to come on Sat. to see the pup. Saturday comes....no call...no show. I hear from her again a few days later. She explains how she had gotten so busy and couldn't make it, apologizes and makes another appointment. Same thing. At this point, I've already blown her off and have decided she's a flake and don't want her to have one of my pups.

I hear from her a couple of weeks later by e-mail....being all apologetic again. She goes on to say how she was already in love with my little girl and just had to have her. Now, price had never been mentioned until this point (which I liked) but she goes on to say that she had a budget and didn't want to spend more than $400 for her. I laughed out loud reading this and just deleted her e-mail. What a flake!!

The kicker is that I got a phone call last week from someone inquiring about a young female pup. I asked what she meant by young and she goes, "oh, seven or eight weeks". I said, well, you won't be getting a pup from me at that age and, by the way, how did you get my number? Yup, you guessed it...Ms Flake herself! She goes on to ask how much for a pup. I say they're too young for me say for sure (I evaluate and price individually) on but here's a ball park price... Oh, that's too much is her reply. OK, I say.....good luck in your search....
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!