View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
No. Found the answers to my questions though... what does elevated liver enzymes mean? :The diagnostic approach to asymptomatic dogs with elevated liver enzyme activities - Veterinary Medicine

All I ever wanted to know and then some... covers ALT,AST,ALP and GGT in depth!

I can't read anymore, I am crosseyed... but very happy!
Excellent article! I sent you a PM describing howwe found Sissy's calcification in the gallbladder and her lab values. Her ALT, ASK and Total Bilirubin were all high and her CK enzyme was through the roof!!!!! My vet actually thought she had an injury because of the CK level and did two views of a full body xray which showed the bright white spots on the gallbladder. Thinking gallstones, an ultrasound was done which showed calcification of the gallbladder itself. She is on a 70mg capsule once a day of Ursodiol to dissolve the calcification. A follow-up ultrasound done a month later showed improvement. She will be on this med for 6 months and then we will follow-up again.

Once finding the calcification - this could also answer some of her previous issues which began with pancreatitis-like symptoms and ended in a diagnosis of early stage PLE. The liver duct, gallgladder ducts and pancrease ducts all work together - so many values can be off and the liver be just fine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!