View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel-Samy View Post

ALSO - I walk Samy every day between 15 and 30 mins depending on the weather. If it rains or is very cold i dont take him out. I also do a weekend walk maybe for an hour ? He loves it soo much... he looks healthy, eats all his food, sleeps after the walks... basically you should do the same so your yorkie can be healthy.
I definitely still agree a dog needs walked daily, or at least a few times a week depending on the energy levels of the dog, of course. I think it's just so important to fulfill a dogs needs to make for the best pet. I live out in the "country" on 3 acres with no sidewalks or anything so I actually drive up the road before dinner time and walk Jackson in the neighborhood 5 minutes up the road. Sounds ridiculous but it gives him just enough... all he needs is a good 30-45 minute walk to come home and he's just calm and relaxed, he goes over and chows down on his dry food, and sleeps good for the night. Weekends we sometimes do 4 mile walks. When we go to the dog park, we stay for usually 1-2 hours and comes home and just totally chill and well behaved. Exercise makes for a happy and tired dog!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!