View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
Samuel-Samy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Do you follow the dosage as per the food label? you can only feed dry knibble, you dont need wet food i dont think. But I dont know this much as I only have a 5 months yorkie, nearly 6 months but he only eats dry knibble and only per dosage which corresponds to his age and weight. They look hungry all the time but you should not give in..

only feed twice per day. The dosage on the food label is per day, so divide that into two. But if you feed wet food then you should cut down the dosage of the dry food.

basically if you cannot feel her ribs, then you should put her on diet.. use food which is for diet purposes? but first do your research.. I am sure people on YT will tell you what to do as they are more knowledgeable.. I am just suggesting that she should start eating something to make her lose weight and shrink her stomach a bit.

ALSO - I walk Samy every day between 15 and 30 mins depending on the weather. If it rains or is very cold i dont take him out. I also do a weekend walk maybe for an hour ? He loves it soo much... he looks healthy, eats all his food, sleeps after the walks... basically you should do the same so your yorkie can be healthy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!