View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
ralphmaddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Well, IMO, both Beneful and Eukanuba are terrible foods, and a lot of dogs get fat eating those diets. They're full of junk, fillers and by-products. Also, I really don't believe a dog should be crated all day, and only allowed 10 minutes of exercise? Roam of the living room is not "exercise". 1 walk a day is very important for any dog, I believe, whether it be a 10 minute walk or a 1 hour walk. Dogs need to get out of the house as much as humans do... can you imagine just sitting in a cage all day, totally bored? Besides the physical problems, lack of exercise can cause an unstable mentality as well. Jackson gets at least 1 visit to the dog park a week, I try to walk him at least once a day, we do about 10 minutes of frisbee or ball chase outside a day (weather permitting) and we also do about 10-15 minutes of trick training a day... I understand not everybody can do all this, but a 10 minute walk around the block, or a 10 minute game of fetch doesn't take up much time. I dunno, it just saddens me to see doggies who are stuck in their crates all day. Why get a dog?

But back to food, Jackson is 16lbs and gets approx. 1 cup of food a day but usually it's less. I mix in some wet food with his dry food for his dinner and he's at a perfect weight.
IMO? No idea what that means...

I appreciate your post but like I said it was up to 3 weeks ago. Reason she is crated is because I was training her to potty outside. She isn't in there 24 hours. She is in there 4 hours at a time because I come home for lunch and play with her for 30 mins. When I get home for the day she doesn't go back in crate until next work day. She does get exercise. Where I live there isn't any parks that are dog friendly and I live in an apt so I don't have a backyard to play with her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!