View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
ralphmaddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TwoYorkies View Post
Well, the beneful isn't really good . . .but dogs love it because it's more like "junk food" like we (people) love. Yorkies come in all shapes and sizes and it's hard to determine whether your baby is overweight. Does the vet think she is?

I have two babies. Brody is a fine boned petite little boy and weighs 5 1/2 pounds, but yet, he feels as light as a feather. Rhianna is a thicker, more solid baby and she weighs 6 1/2 pounds but she feels like she weighs around 10 pounds.

I feed Wellness and I leave their food out all day long to free feed. In the morning I do add some broiled chicken or turkey breast though. So I know they eat. Rhianna is my finish the bowl before bed baby.
The vet didn't really say anything about her weight but when I lift her she feels like she weighs about 15lbs LOL!!! I was told that they are at a okay when when you can feel their ribs just a little.. You have to really jab your finger to feel Roxy ribs...

I wouldn't mind given her boiled chicken BUT she gets to accustomed and eats around n leaves her dry food....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!