View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
ralphmaddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I need help is Roxy to fat :-(

I have a little bit of a problem.... I feed Roxy Eukanuba (however u spell)
The yorkie brand heard it was good for hair and all that good stuff.... However I think I been over feeding her... This is my routine. I feed her at 6am every morning the dry food and then at 6pm feeding I mix dry with wet food.... Should I not be doing this. Is dry food really just enough for the doggies.. This is my first dog and I've had her a year but a friend of mine told me that he thinks she is getting to fat. I tried to cover up and say its winter weight but I don't know.

Also I want to add, up until about 3 weeks ago she was crated ALL day so she would eat, poop and crate no room to really play or jump and stuff. Now she has roam of living room. So I thought maybe it was because she was sleeping so much that she gained weight...
I took her to vet about 3 weeks ago and she is 8.9lbs is only 16 months old (1year 4 months)

Should I take away her soft food and just give her the dry food?

I live alone and its a little hard to buy expensive food but to be honest every 2 months I spend about 30 bucks on soft food one package of beneful soft food lasts her about 4-5 days..... Ugh!!! And then at that point I buy her treats n hard food so every 2 months I'm spending about 80 bucks on her food

OR could it be the fact that its beneful soft food is that bad for her?

Please help I don't want my baby to be chunky.. She already plays for like 10mins and is out of breath feels like when I walk up 3 flights of stairs
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!