View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Hey all,

So two things:
1) Oscar's baby teeth are not falling out, and he literally has 2 rows of teeth, top and bottom. He was neutered almost a month ago, but the baby teeth weren't through yet, so they didn't pull any. Has anyone else had this...and does it get better...and how can I help them loosen and possibly fall out?

2) I took him to the vet to get him checked out. She said to give it to the end of the month (he's not quite 6 mos yet) and if they haven't changed, they will pull them. The problem is, she has quoted me $1700-$2000 for the extractions, xray and anesthesia. Is is just me, or does this sound rediculous???

I put a post in the "Pacific Northwest" section, but I thought I would check here. Does anyone recommend a vet somewhere North of Seattle? (I'm in Vancouver, BC right now, but could travel south of the border if it would be cheaper) I'm just afraid the vet here is taking me for a ride....

PLEASE pass along whatever advice you can offer!!!
Cor
Wow and i thought we were high in california lol - is this the only vet in town lol - dex was neutered and had 10 baby teeth removed at the same time and I will have to check the cost but it was not more than $500 i do not believe BUT i did not have blood work that i know of as i was clueless back then to all this stuff just trusted the vet - i am sure they did a snap blood test before putting him under though -I have spent alot on a board certified dentist doing dentals and extractions but those are adult teeth and bigger roots and a little more complex in removing than baby teeth as you do not want infected roots with adult teeth and if the vet does not get the whole root on an adult tooth out then you will have a problem
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!