View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #12
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
That sounds terrifying! I've never seen one have their tongue turn blue, I would probably freak out. What did the vet say about it when you took her in?
i called vet and specialty hospital. Vet said probably allergy related lol i think she is confusing dee dee with demi she said to rub honey on gums to get her pre-occupied to get her to breath i guess lol -- i called specialty hospital as they are very sharp and ran the scenario by them and we were on the same page they think she threw up it went in her nasal cavity and caused her to reverse sneeze - she got scared and could not breath and thus blue tongue. They said next time to hold her up and do not let her lay down and with her not to cover nose like i do with my yorkies which i don't with her when she gets reverse sneeze as she gets scared unlike my yorks. They said do a sweep of mouth to make sure no vomit is stuck causing her not to breath. I should have ran her in the other room which i will do next time as dd tries to attack her and that upsets her more but i was in shock a little seeing her tongue blue. They said to watch her to make sure as precaution that she did not aspirate and watch for coughing so no pneumonia - I think she will be fine. she was running around barking and dh is staying home to work from home to keep an eye on her.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!