View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #9
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Turkey!!! Every year around Thanksgiving, the newspapers comes out with an article saying - "Don't give your pets turkey. It is bad for them."

That's all well and fine, but I am old and I have given my dogs turkey for half a century. They never got sick. How in the world can you have a house "reeking with turkey" and not give your dogs a bite.

In fact, I usually take all the leftover meat off the carcass and freeze it for the dogs.

Nothing in excess is good for dogs or people. I know my entire family is dead after Thanksgiving dinner. We all "ate too much" and swear "we'll never do it again." But we do!

There is a list out (on recent posts) that lists foods that are good and bad for pets. It says that turkey is okay.

My goodness - white meat doesn't even hardly have any fat.

My dogs are going to get some turkey. And, I'll save some leftovers to mix with rice. They won't eat it all in one day. It will be occasionally and will last for weeks.

I hope all of you are having a great Thanksgiving. My turkey is in the oven, and I finally got my house presentable. My company will be arriving any time now. Fun fun fun!!!

Carol Jean
SnowWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!