View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
matt7
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy A lonely bark all day long - I NEED HELP!

Hello Yorkie community, I will try and be brief, although that has never been my style. This is my first post, I am anxious to read the threads by all of you, and I look forward to some assistance with my yorkie. I recently took ownership of a yorkie-maltese mix. her name is molly, she is 6 months old, and she leaves behind her papa, momma and sister. I hope I did not take her away too early from the family? Anyway, she is only a few days into her new home, and she is doing very well except for one thing....and that thing is important. I work from 7:30 - 6:00 monday thru friday. i have arranged to come home TWICE throughout the day with my boss, and he is cool with it...my girlfriend is also here throughout the day here and there...she is in law school though so her time is precious.....anyway, I can come home twice, take her out in the morning, take her out at night, etc.....BUT she wont stop yelping the second I leave the house in the morning. And she follows me around constantly. I have been ignoring her, trying to train her, and surprisingly her potty training is going GREAT...however, I can not figure out what to do about the yelping, and most importantly, I do not know if she is barking the entire day or just for a few minutes after i leave. she doesnt bark when i am present, so i dont know how to train her if i am not present? has anyone else dealt with significant barking and whining when they leave the dog for a few hours at a time? i am crate training now, but i am considering fencing her in the kitchen throughout the day in hopes that she is barking because she hates the crate....still though, i dont want to give in and let her take control of the pack. I NEED HELP! I have neighbors and a heart, so to think she is anxious, or mentally stressing herself out for 4 hours at a time is very scary to me....and i dont want to be asked to leave by my landlord. any thoughts would help greatly! is this something that will fade away? it has only been 3 days so i am unsure if it will last, or if she will learn? also, i have debated about bringing her sister (kona) to my place so she has her to play with and keep her occupied...does this sound like a good idea? or bad idea? thanks in advance for your help!:conf used:
matt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!