View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
mothemost
Yorkie Talker

Star My Yorkie for the Charity Gala Auction!

You would normally find me posting piccies of my 2 Yorkie boys, Teddy and Lenny on here. But this time I've something else to show you!

I was asked to create a special 'treasure chest' for a Charity Gala Auction to be held in the heart of London's Mayfair on Wednesday April 14. Last year I was also asked to create a piece of unusual art in the form of a mask!

The basic treasure chests (or jewellery boxes) were sent out to various celebrities, designers, and artists to decorate in which ever way they cared to interpret. The completed chests would be auctioned for charity at a Grand Gala in the west end of London. How was I going to interpret this theme? ... A YORKIE!!! ... A Yorkie???

Inspired by the famous Yorkie pill boxes by Limoges, I decided to create a dog from papier mache and fix him to the top of the box ... lying on a fine red velvet cover but of course! Well, I finally finished my treasure chest earlier today. It has taken almost 3 weeks to complete but I've loved every minute making it. Piccies are attached. Let's hope it fetches some top bids at auction next Wednesday!
Attached Thumbnails
My Yorkie for the Charity Gala Auction!-p4060133.jpg   My Yorkie for the Charity Gala Auction!-p4060137.jpg   My Yorkie for the Charity Gala Auction!-p4060131.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!