View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
JenniferLeigh
YT Addict

The shutter lag on my last camera drove me bonkers - it was a Canon Powershot, kind of a middle point between a DSLR & a point a shoot.

Don't be too set on getting the best and latest technology. You may want to start off with an entry level camera body, then upgrade it to something with more features in a couple years. I've had a couple friends who bought the "latest and greatest" only to downgrade to a entry level body because it was too confusing for them to learn to use.

I have a entry level pentax DSLR. (Pentax KM) I've hardly noticed a shutter lag. Honestly if your looking for a reasonably priced DSLR I don't think you can go wrong with the KM (or the KX is the newer model w/HD video). I love this little camera, and I especially love the size and weight. It is one of the smallest DSLRs available. Plus I can use my old film lenses with it.

If your thinking of purchasing your first DSLR, make sure you head over to a pro camera shop in your area. You'll be able to try out the cameras to see which is the right one for you. Plus a pro shop will have experienced staff that are photographers and know about cameras.

Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ is an excellent resource too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!