View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TwoYorkies View Post
Rhianna goes in for her spay on the 13th. She had her pre-op blood work on the 2nd. The doctor called yesterday with the results and said that everything was within normal range except for a slight elevation in the kidney level. She didn't seem that concerned about it and said because the blood work was done without a fast it could of been she had eaten protein (which she did have broiled chicken over her food that morning) But,before her spay they will be running another blood test to see if fasting lowered the level.

Has this happened to anyone else? Even though she wasn't overly concerned about it, I'm a little freaked out.
Faith was spayed last Thursday and I had her bloodwork done prior to that. I didn't even think of fasting her, so her kidney level was also slightly elevated. My vet told me the exact same thing...that he wasn't concerned because she hadn't fasted. All went well with her spay and she also had 14 baby teeth pulled. Best wishes to you and your little one!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!