Thread: Allergies
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprofessor33 View Post
So my wife and I have two Yorkie baby's Heidi and Teddy both are three years old. Heidi have been biting and licking her paw & scratching her ears. She has been to the vet and her ears were clean and no mites or infections were found. We just had blood work done to see what she is allergic to and the result came back she has no allergies. I don't understand she itches all the time. What are we missing?
what lab did they send the allergy testing to? It could be the food then if it was sent to varl, heska or greer those are the best per our dermatologist. What are you feeding and have you had a diet change recently? I would strongly recommend going to a dermatologist if your dog is still itching and vet did not diagnose

but first did your vet do a full thyroid panel as skin issues can be caused by thyroid being low as well and your dog being 3 I would first rule this out. It runs in this breed as my dog has allergies and is hypothyroid. Make sure when they do it that they do a full 6 panel thyroid as that is the full one
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!