View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:40 AM   #6
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
I think that you need to use whatever works for you.

There have been satin crate pads that have had the neck pillows attched to them; As a matter of fact I still have one from back in the day. The problem is they used velcro to attach the two.

I use two seperate. You'll still have to redo the coat a bit after the topknot is up, even using a crate pad for them to lay on.

I have some dogs that refuse to lay down during the topknot procedure, but will stand pefectly still while it is being done.
As a sewer I was wondering how she was going to attach the two together. Velcro - not a good idea, catches on their hair, so I would have to turn the pad over. When not using the pillow and would need to take pillow off when not using it, since we need the room. Maybe snaps would be better. Hmmm..

Trying to get a topknot in is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. You have some moving their heads this way and that, some hate you to mess with their topknots and others will lay there. Depends on the dog. I am getting better finally after how many years - to put up a topknot on a moving head.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!