View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimo114 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thank for having such an informative place.

Q: How do u re-socialize a Yorkie that was bitten by a lab? How do you calm a Yorkie down during a barking fit? How do you get a Yorkie to just stop barking, especially at kids.

Tobias was fine, until my neighbors kids started taunting him and stuff, so now whenever he sees them or hears them playing outside like screaming banshees he goes ballistic! I've tried, spray bottles, laying him in the submissive position, scolding, whatevers . . . The only thing that works is when we're home I put him in an empty room or in his kennel and shut the door. But when we're out, this isn't always available to us. Help.
hi and welcome - you aren't leaving him outside all the time are you ? I put in RED the reason I asked this question -

If you're not home and he was inside - why would he be barking or can he see them from inside the house ?

I would try to keep him inside when the kids are out or TRY to hang out there with him holding him while he slowely adjusts - some yorkies are just yappy so it may not help .....but putting him in a room by himself isn't going to help either - he doesn't know why you're doing this

I wish I had better advise but there's alot of people here that will have better
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!