View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
gfoster
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help...I have a happy yappy!!!

Hi All..I've been really busy and haven't posted in a while.

Duke is 10 months and loves to bark at EVERYTHING!! It's getting so annoying, and driving my husband nuts. I don't even bring him anywhere with us anymore due to the barking.

We have been trying the "leave it" command, and I hold the scruff on the back of his neck. That just makes it worse sometimes. Sounds like I have a vicious attach dog, not a 7 lb Yorkie

We have tried the squirt bottle, and that has a hit or miss effect. We are thinking of getting some kind of bark control collar, and I'm wondering if anyone has had better luck with any one brand.

I did search the training forum and found various responses. I know this will stir a hornets nest as a lot of people here don't like the collars. I don't want him to think he can never bark, I just need to control the crazy barking.

I know they have the citronella spray collars...they way he barks we wouldn't have mesquito's for 3 miles.

I would really like to find a collar that offered a warning "beep" before the correction. If anyone has any advice that would save my ears and restore quiet to our household, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Gina
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!