View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyry14 View Post
Hi again Susan,
As you know I am going through this right now with Bitsy. We are still awaiting the results of the stone analysis to find out exactly what kind of stones she had. But my vet, was leaning toward calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate? These are the type that CANNOT be dissolved with a prescription diet. Your vet must think the same thing, otherwise I am sure they would try to dissolve them first before jumping to surgery. One thing is for sure, that we won't know definatley and you won't either..until the stones are analyzed. As far as the surgery goes, yes it is major, but also very common. Like I said, Bitsy had a rough first night, but woke up the next morning much better. It will only be 1 week on Tuesday and I would never have known she just had major surgery the way she has been zipping through the backyard!! I hope it will be just as easy for you pup! Best of luck, and please let me know if you have the same issues AFTER the surgery as far as the incontinence.
Yes I forgot to note that too. Katie was 1000% better after the surgery than before. she was in so much pain before, and afterwards just a tiny bit of pain from the incision. she was also of course on pain meds and antibiotics too. They heal very fast and she will be so happy and feel so great afterwards. I think the worst part was being a cone head for 2 weeks. Order that softee cone from Bo now! (Mom to Hot Rod)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!