View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

My foster katie underwent bladderstone surgery recently. She had the stones for well over a year, and her owner was in denial that anything was wrong. She was peeing straight blood! We had her xrayed and found four large stones in her bladder. Your vet should be able to see them if he gets an xray. It is a major surgery. She needs to get bloodwork done before hand as well. Katie's white cell count was too high, and was anemic due to all the peeing blood, so she had to stay at the hospital for 2 days hooked up to IV to flush out her system before they would do surgery.

If she indeed has the same type of stones, they will not just simply go away. In fact, they could grow, just as they did on Katie, also due to the former owner not feeding the food she was prescibed to be on from the vet.

Get a second opinion if you feel more comfortable with it, but if your baby is still peeing blood, you can be sure she is in pain. I would get this taken care of asap.

Oh also wanted to say, after her surgery, she stayed another day at the hospital for observation. Once I picked her up, she had only one or two pees with a very slight tinge of pink. After the second day the pee was all back to yellow. So if one week later and still pink or red, I would be worried.

Please give us an update on your baby, and hope she gets better really soon.

Last edited by capt_noonie; 04-04-2010 at 04:48 PM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!