View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 07:53 PM   #4
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

I had 3 yorkies with the collapsed trachea, all at different times. Karma lived to be 13 and only coughed once in awhile. Zorro had it and he lived to almost 13 years of age and coughed only when he was excited and he would be fine after a minute or two. Gracie was 6 1/2 and died of complications freom the collapsed trachea. She got real bad at about 5 years of age and fought the good fight for 1 1/2 years when she just couldn't breathe anymore. Gracie had a severely collapsed trachea in the thoracic area which they said was a bad place for it almost impossible to fix. I do think that in my ignorance of the problem contributed to the problem by putting her on a collar and a tie out so she could chase a soccer ball which she loved to do.Stupidly, I never realized it till later that was putting pressure on her trachea when she would reach the end of the tie out it would jerk her neck sometimes. I know to never put a collar on them and keep their weight under control. Since Roxy's is mild I would thnk she should live a full life if you always protect her neck and keep the weight off of her.
Good luck I'm sure she will be fine! If you have any questions you can PM me.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!