View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Default I knew it would happen .. fleas!

I knew it would happen just before I go back to the vet on friday (for blood panel) to get advice and a prescription for flea medications. I heard that in Florida fleas tend to be a bit more immune to a few of the ones like Frontline and such. I just don't know what the others are.

I was hoping it could wait until friday but now that I seen she has contracted fleas now, I'm not sure what I should do.

Is there anything I can do until friday or should I go ahead and call the vet and ask what they recommend or is there a product absolutely known for killing fleas that are live 'now' and prevent them 'later'? I do not remember which products do exactly which.

I bathed her in some Dawn and it didn't seem to do much good. She seems to itch more now than she was before. It's mostly been around the back of her ears and her sides. I did make sure she was throughly rinsed and used a conditioner afterwards.

So I just need advice. Should I go ahead and call the vet now, or is there something I could do to hold her over (besides vacuuming and washing things I'm already on it!) for a few days? I just don't want to make a hasty decision and choose a medication that doesn't end up working or choose a method that only makes her seem worse (like the dawn did). I had seen a live flea on her myself, just the 1 and could not locate it since and then I gave her the bath with dawn. I think one may have come off during the bath but I have no idea for sure as I couldn't get a good look before it ran down the drain.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lolli_lah; 04-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Lolli_lah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!