View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
Duck2010
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Hi, can you explain what you mean by "it didn't work out"? Did you not like the breeder? Too much $$$ or did the breeder not like you?

Have you ever bred or shown a dog before?

There are tons of people who will sell you a breeding show dog...the problem is few of them have ever been in a show ring or even know the standard. They will sell you anything. It is also difficult to understand all of the show venues that are out there and I have seen ad after ad talk about international champions and they are taling about puppies (not the breeding adults). I have also seen people brag about championships when only a few dogs were in the ring...doesn't mean a hill of beans either...People should only have bragging rights when they have gone up against many, many dogs.

Frankly, I am getting very disgusted with the quality of Biewers that are being sold for breeding rights.

There are many Biewer forums you can join and many of these people are in the showring...you will have more opportunities than you will on here to get quality dogs and to understand the show world of the Biewers...it is different than the AKC.

I have know problem with the breeder..and i don't think she had a problem with me!! the only thing that i know is i first had place a phone call to her over a month ago. And then I got a e-mail back from her saying that she has one biewer that would be ready for a home this fall. I have place a phone call over two weeks ago and still know phone call back. So at this point IM just searching for another breeder. I have done my homework for over two years now. I don't have much experience with showing much would love to get to know more about it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!