View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyLuv View Post
I'll never buy another Dell again, but for a different reason... their tech supposrt!!! OMG! I went through a week of hell with them... calling them 1-2 times a day to fix the probllem. Nothing worked. My final day the woman had me turn off power, had me take parts out of the computer... and then she told me to turn the computer. What??? I'm sitting there with parts all over the floor and she tellls me to turn it ON! Is she freaking nuts?!?!?! She got a big piece of my mind, and it wasn't pretty! She was all over herself trying to calm me down, but I wouldn't give her that pleasure. When I got done I slammed the phone down. Damn that felt good. Calmed down & called my local computer guy. I've read recently that their tech support was still the same.

So sorry about them closing down your account. Taking care of good customers doesn't seem to be a priority of many companies these days. Every one of my cc finance charges have been increased recently & I always pay on time & have very good credit score.
this happened to me as well, only the tech guy had me reboot my machine and I specifically asked him if it would wipe my memory out and he said no. Well, guess what it did? I had 100's of work related boating pictures, emails and business contacts in it and it was all gone!!! It was my busy time of year and I had to get a year book published in 3 months time using all those pictures. I had to scramble and call anyone and everyone for photos and of course I was never able to create the ones that I took of boats underway.

Needless to say that I am totally loving my Hewlett packard laptop these days.

Dell has not customer service/support worth anything. I won't even buy one of of QVC when they have the deals and easy payment plans.

the desktop that I am using at home is a dell (inherited from hubby's-old work computer) and when I started having problems, found out that dell got lazy when they loaded a bunch of computers in 2005--they just copied the Microsoft software instead of loading each computer. So as a result, I had to pay a tech guy to "fix" my problem, which wasn't hard, but it was money and time out of my pocket for something that hubby paid for when bought this computer.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 04-03-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!