View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
BellaBlue82
Twilight lovin' Yakker

Star Don't buy a Dell!!!

I am so frustrated, I figured I would vent to you all! I got a letter in the mail today from Dell telling me that after recent review, my account has been closed. I'll back up a little bit. I have been a Dell account holder since 2003, when I purchased my first computer. I was very happy with them. I paid off that computer in two years, and didn't use the account again until 2005, when I bought my husband a computer. I have continued to pay down that computer, and recently wanted a laptop as well. Since I have an account with them (and had plenty of credit remaining!) of course, I purchased with them again. Don't get me wrong, this thread is not to knock their product. I have purchased three computers with them in the past seven years and have loved all of them. So, back to this letter. It stated that this decision was made because I had made a couple of late payments within the past year (none of which was near 30 days late, which is the amount of time you have to be late when they report to the credit agencies... maybe 10 days late at best I was) and my balance was too high in comparison to my credit limit (I'm $1000 under my credit limit!!)! I'm so pissed! In today's day and age with the economy the way it is they're lucky to have a customer who not only pays their bill but continues to buy from them (I bought the laptop just this past November!). It's no one's fault but my own for having a couple of payments that were a week or two late, but give me a break. Not to mention the fact that I have a very good credit score, so it's not even based on that... which it should be!! I'm so mad I want to call and scream at them, but I know it won't get me anywhere! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. This will be the last time Dell ever gets my business. I should have listened to my DH and bought a MAC!

Last edited by BellaBlue82; 04-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.
BellaBlue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!