View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloMelissa View Post
Well we just got home from the Vet. We've opted at this point not to do the biopsy just because of the cost.
We've got a new med: Pepcid because she's been vomitting so much in the past day and the Vet heard her burping and thinks she has a bit of reflux.
No food tonight, just meds, to ease her stomach.

Bile Acids before food was 35 after was 39

Blood work results:
Lymohocytes were 291 - LOW
Atypical Lymph were 97 - HIGH

B/C Ration (not sure what that is) was 25.6 - HIGH
Alk. Phos. was 21 - LOW
Calcium was 7.2 - LOW
Cholesterol was 82 - LOW
Amylase was 1541 - HIGH
Total Protein was 3 - LOW
Albumin/Globulin each 1.5 - LOW
Sodium was 140 - LOW

Everything else was in the normal range.

Vet did find Bilirubin in the urine as well.

Had a TLI - normal,
b/c is bun to creatinine ratio and that is indicative of kidneys

those bats are fine it is probably mvd and the vet wanted to do a biopsy ?????? yeah you need to deal with internal medicine possibly as no way would i biopsy a dog with low bats like that

yeah sounds like lymphangiecstasia low protein, low calcium and low cholesterol so no need to worry about liver at this point your bigger concern is protein loss as that is most critical right now. I strongly recommend contacting susan davis - the phone consult is $90 but well worth it and contact luvmysissy on here she knows a ton on this - I will try to call her and see if she can get on here as she is not on this site as much lately

sometimes the gall bladder contracts when pulling blood for bats so sometimes it is not real accurate as well but if below 100 not a huge concern - my yorkie has mvd and her bats were 73,54 and now 26 on low protein but the low protein on blood work is more critical at this point for your dog

Last edited by dwerten; 04-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!